2/9/11

Viva La Vegan! Grand Opening, Rancho Cucamonga's First Vegan Only Grocery Store

Isaak and Jennifer
(Owners)
Viva La Vegan! had a great turn out for their grand opening. There were still a lot of people when I got there around 3:30. Unfortunately I missed the bands but they were still putting out free vegan food samples and I got pictures of some of their new products. Viva La Vegan! has gone above and beyond any local grocery store to provide the demand for vegan only products. There are so many new products I haven't tried that I have to stop myself from going on a shopping spree every time I go there. I also like the fact that my money is being spent on a local business that is providing a healthy, cruelty-free alternative to corporate chain-stores and fast food giants.  
















Chezzy Pizza was giving out samples of their vegan cheese, bbq and supreme pizzas. I don't know if they use daiya cheese (probably) or not but the samples were so good that I thought to myself for a second "wait is this really vegan?" They had a lot of other samples of food sold in the store like these sandwiches made witch Tofurky slices and macaroni salad made with Veganaise, the best vegan mayo substitute. They also had samples of taquitos , corn-dogs, sausages, and many other things.


















One of the most impressive things to me at Viva La Vegan! is their refrigerated section. At first they didn't have any produce but at the grand opening there was some organic vegetables in the cooler like I was hoping to see. Romanesco Cauliflower was one of the odd veggies they had, I'd never seen it before. It looks like a fractal in plant form. 




















A couple things I didn't really expect to see when I heard a vegan grocery store was opening were that they would have such a vast variety of food items and also an excellent inventory of vegan clothing, household and beauty products. Being vegan means that you try not to use any products that involve the pain and suffering of animals, not just food. They could've just sold food in the store and I would've been happy with that but the fact that they sell all things vegan makes the store way better than I could've hoped or asked for.   


Vegan Shoes and Boots
I'm glad Viva La Vegan's grand opening was a success, I knew it would be. As a native of Rancho Cucamonga, I feel that this is one of the greatest additions ever to our business community. There's been a handful of vegetarian/vegan restaurants and stores opening here in the last few years (that I still need to write about) so Viva La Vegan! fits in perfectly as the city's first vegan only store.  
Vegan Cup Cakes



No comments:

Post a Comment