12/11/12

The Dusty Dirt Punk Radio Podcast Ep.1 Fuck Work!

So here we go! I Finished the first Dusty Dirt Punk Radio Podcast last night, it could have been uploaded a few days ago, but I was hoping to get one more song from a band I wont mention 'cuz I don't want to embarrass them (the Cheated). I plan on doing another "Work" related Podcast in the near future so hopefully by then I'll have their song "Work," it's a great song to say the least.
Anyway enough ripping on the Cheated for now, in fact if it wasn't for bands like the Cheated I might not know what work really means. See, not too long ago, I thought "work" meant busting your ass doing something you don't like, so you can buy shit you kind of like, with money. The work you're doing, time and labor you put in go to make profit for someone else, and a the money you earn goes right back into the pockets of someone else, who is already making a profit, so it stays there, but you're pockets always seem to be empty...... (more after the track list)
Tracks:
Intro Mash-Up-- Fuck Work 
1. Doom- Beat The Boss 
2 9-5 Ramones 
3. Operation Cliff Clavin- Call In Sick 
4. I've Had It- Black Flag 
5. Wake Up- Faith and Failure 
Talk-Break 
6. Dystopia- Socialized Death Sentence 
7. Chelsea Right To Work
8. Career Opportunities- The Clash 
9. Devo - 'Workin in Coal Mine
10. A Global Threat - Work or War
11. Goddamn Job- Off With Their Heads- 
12. Take this Job- Dead Kennedys
13. Clock In, Clock Out- Fecal- 
14. Depression- Work all Day 
15. MITB- Work To Death 
16. Pipe Bomb- 16 Tons 
17. Machine- Black Flag 
Talk Break 
17. Gotta Get a Job- One Man Running 
18. Fifteen- Family Values 
19. Work Song- Krieg Kopf 
20. The Job That Ate My Brain- Ramones 
21. Fuck Work- Other
22. Too Many ELO Days- Timeshares
23. Talkin' Hard Work- Woody Guthrie 
Talk Break 
24. Quit Your Job- Chixdiggit 
25. Clock in- Black Flag
26. Working Men are Pissed- The Minutemen 
25. Did You Know?- Fifteen 
26. All Time Low- Defective Children 
END BUMPER Mash-Up-- They Stole Our Jobs! 9-5 Dolly Parton

After years of playing in bands and struggling to remain independent from corporate America, I started to realize that the "work" we do at our daily grind, is in fact not real work at all. On the other end of the spectrum, right brained, creative activities are not considered a persons life-work by many people, but are mostly defined as hobbies and thing you do when you are done with "work" for the day.This narrow attitude about work and jobs in American society marginalizes many of those who's greatest talents are creative-right-brained musical and artistic abilities.

To be completely candid, the main reason I titled my first podcast "Fuck Work!" is because I'm sick and tired of hearing people brag about how great their jobs are, or how much they hate their jobs. If you work and have a great job/career with the golden handcuffs, retirement, stocks, and all that jazz, well good for you, but I got some news for you: No one really gives a half a shit, and in my opinion you're awesome full-time job is worthless if you do nothing outside of that to help people that are less fortunate. If you don't like your job, then you must understand that you can remove yourself from any situation you do not feel comfortable in. Maybe you should think about if  the job is worth the stress it causes and time you are forced to spend away from family, children, and friends, while instead spending most of the day with asshole bosses, customers and co-workers.

I have much much more to say about the topic of work and jobs but I'll just freeze it there for now. One more thing though, I know that many people take pride in their work and like the people they work with, and their boss. There are some decent employers out there, I think that the most important point I want to highlight is that when you work, you shouldn't feel like a slave or like there is no hope for a better alternative to your current occupation. I think that the world would be a much happier place if people could find real intrinsic value in the work they do for that steady pay-check. A lot of people just work for material gain, and find extrinsic value in their work. It seems that many of those types of people don't really care how hard or fucked up the job is, they just do it because they have this overwhelming drive to survive. To them, extrinsic rewards are worth putting up with the stresses of day-to-day workplace issues and drama. 

In the upcoming Dusty Dirt Punk Radio Podcasts, I want to try to talk more about the theme, or topic or the show. I am just getting used to recording voice only and talking into a microphone rather than singing, I have plans to do some interviews, discussions, and a bit of sketch comedy which I would like to work on writing with other people. I have to of course, give a big thanks to all the friend and fans who supported this podcast from it's conception. I'm attempting to do two podcasts a week right now, this week I will be putting together Episode 2 "Fuck You!" and Episode 3 with the working title "Violent Night"- an all-request Christmas edition of the podcast,  it will be my gift to all of you!!  Anything you want me to play, I will play it! Even if I think it sucks Rhinoceros Nuts!!!! --Dusty Dirt
Facebook Page.... Like It!!
On Mixcloud!



Fuck Work Ep. 1 
Intro and Outro Audio Mash-Ups........
Intro- "Fuck Work" Mash-up 1


Outro- "9 to 5, They Stole Our Jobs!"


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment