1/24/11

Paradise Garden Project Tools Wish List

John Deere Tractor 

First we need about 10 to 15 tractors to start. Preferably John Deere Tractors. I'm sure some people out there have a few lying around collecting dust. Actually, I've been thinking about how much better it is to use only hand tools in a garden, there's a lot of reasons. It might be quick and easy to use a gas or electric tiller, lawn mower, weed eater, etc. but those things are expensive and breakdown, it's a trade off for momentary convenience. 


Today I weeded the garden and cleaned things up a little with a hoe and by hand. I had some Native American music on and spent the next two hours listening to that and talking to my daughter. I decided today that I don't need any gas or electric tools in the garden. Most of the land around our space is fertile, there's no need for a lot of tilling or mulching. As I'm clearing out the plots I've been separating weeds from green ground cover and dirt. We have a big tumbler and dug out a couple pits so we can quickly produce mulch to spread around infertile areas. 
Good food comes from gardens that people put their hearts into, not industrial farms. Loud noises are annoying and totally ruin the vibe. On to the wish list...........
Everything in these pictures.........
Spade Shovels
Flathead Shovels
Soft Rakes
Hard Rakes
Pruners
Clippers
Seeds 
Transplants
Dwarf Fruit Trees
Hoes
Wheel Barrels
Carts
Buckets
Plastic Or Ceramic Pots
Trash Cans
Hoses
Drip Line
Landscaping, Indoor Plants And Seeds
Right now we really need some seed and transplants. I'll be getting everything ready and want to start planting in about a month. What we need most right now is people to come over and help organize everything. I'm also looking for someone more artistic than me to help design a new logo for the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment